News

Advanced Search

Israel to Receive GIA Synthetic Detecting Device

Nov 20, 2013 4:23 AM   By Deena Taylor
Comment Comment Email Email Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share
RAPAPORT... A sophisticated device that detects synthetic diamonds will be presented to the Israel Diamond Exchange (IDE) by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) in February 2014, IDE  reported.

The IDE will be the first diamond exchange to receive the detection machine, which can recognize synthetic diamonds with a 97 percent accuracy rate. The remaining 3 percent of suspect diamonds that the machine classifies as "not clear" should be sent on to GIA's laboratory for further testing.

The device will be presented to the IDE by GIA's president, Susan Jacques, and GIA's vice president, Tom Moses, when they visit the exchange in February. 

IDE's president, Shmuel Schnitzer, and Yoram Dvash, the chairman of the IDE's industry, marketing and external relations committee, recently met with Jacques and Moses in New York during Israel Diamond Week to discuss the deal.
Tags: Deena Taylor, GIA, Israel Diamond Exchange, Shmuel Schnitzer, Susan Jacques, Tom Moses, Yoram Dvash
Similar Articles
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First
© Copyright 1978-2021 by Rapaport USA Inc. All rights reserved. Index®, RapNet®, Rapaport®, PriceGrid™, Diamonds.Net™, and JNS®; are registered TradeMarks.
While the information presented is from sources we believe reliable, we do not guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information presented by Rapaport or the views expressed by users of our internet service.