News

Advanced Search

Signet Completes $446M Credit Outsourcing

Jul 2, 2018 9:16 AM   By Rapaport News
Comment Comment Email Email Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share


RAPAPORT... Signet Jewelers has completed the final phase of its credit-outsourcing program for its non-prime receivables, for which it received $445.5 million, it said Monday.

CarVal Investors, a global alternative-asset manager, agreed in March to acquire approximately 70% of the retailer’s existing credit accounts. Signet secured a contract with Castlelake, another investment firm, for the remaining 30% in May. The two companies have committed to purchasing an equivalent amount of any future receivables for the next five years.

The company also closed a $960 million deal with Alliance Data Systems Corporation in October for its prime receivables.

With its credit structure fully outsourced, Signet can enhance its strategic and operational focus on its core jewelry-retail business, it said.

The sale also significantly limits the risk arising from the company’s balance-sheet position. It also reduces the amount of money the company requires to maintain its day-to-day operations. In addition, it will allow the company to return significant capital to shareholders, it added.

Signet will use the proceeds, along with its cash on hand, to repurchase $475 million worth of company shares throughout fiscal 2019.
Tags: Alliance Data Systems Corporation, CarVal, Castlelake, Credit Outsourcing, Rapaport News, Signet, Signet Jewelers
Similar Articles
Michael Hill 150Canada Stores Boost Michael Hill
Jul 10, 2018
Michael Hill saw a 3.3% revenue increase over the last fiscal year, led primarily by sales
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First
© Copyright 1978-2018 by Martin Rapaport. All rights reserved. Index®, RapNet®, Rapaport®, PriceGrid™, Diamonds.Net™, and JNS®; are TradeMarks of Martin Rapaport.
While the information presented is from sources we believe reliable, we do not guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information presented by Rapaport or the views expressed by users of our internet service.