Advanced Search

Mountain Province Hires Mark Wall as CEO

Nov 9, 2021 10:26 AM   By Rapaport News
Comment Comment Email Email Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share
RAPAPORT... Mountain Province has named mining veteran Mark Wall as CEO. He will also become president and a director, the company said Tuesday.

Wall has more than 25 years of experience in executive, operational, commercial and sustainability roles for mining businesses. He was most recently CEO of Streamers Gold Mining, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed Shandong Gold Mining. He has also held senior roles at Nevada Copper and Barrick Gold Corporation.

He will succeed interim CEO Jonathan Comerford, who took over last month following the resignation of Stuart Brown. The appointment will take effect on November 15.

“Mark brings both senior executive and strong operational experience to the company, as well as a deep focus on sustainability and the environment,” said Comerford, who is also the company’s nonexecutive chairman. “His experience in large joint ventures and business development will be critical in engaging with our joint-venture partner on operational performance and near-mine exploration.”

Mountain Province owns 49% of the Gahcho Kué mine in Canada in a partnership with De Beers, which holds the remaining 51%.

Image: Mark Wall (Mark Wall/LinkedIn)
Tags: Barrick Gold Corporation, Canada, De Beers, Gahcho Kué, Mark Wall, mining, mountain province, Nevada Copper, Rapaport News, Shandong Gold Mining, Streamers Gold Mining
Similar Articles
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First