Advanced Search

Lucapa Sells Lulo Rough for $1.7M

Mar 6, 2018 4:04 AM   By Rapaport News
Comment Comment Email Email Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share

RAPAPORT... Lucapa Diamond Company garnered $1.7 million at its second rough sale of 2018, achieving an average price of $804 per carat.

The miner sold 2,072 carats at the tender, it said in a recent statement. The diamonds are from the company’s Lulo alluvial mine in Angola. The largest stone Lucapa sold weighed 44 carats. The company also offered a 1.9-carat vivid pink diamond.

Lucapa’s first tender of 2018 yielded $9.1 million in sales, at an average price of $2,192 per carat. Together with the second tender, total sales from Lulo diamonds came to $10.8 million for the year to date.

Other than Lulo, Lucapa owns a 70% stake in the Mothae project in Lesotho, with the remaining 30% held by the government. Additionally, the miner is carrying out exploration at the Brooking lamproite project in Western Australia.
Tags: alluvial mine, Angola, Brooking lamproite, Lesotho, lucapa, Lucapa Diamond Company, Lulo, Mothae, Rapaport News, rough, Western Australia
Similar Articles
Gahcho KueHigh-Value Stones Boost Mountain Province Prices
Mar 20, 2018
Mountain Province’s March tender achieved the miner’s highest average selling price to date, driven by a bigger-than-average
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First
© Copyright 1978-2018 by Martin Rapaport. All rights reserved. Index®, RapNet®, Rapaport®, PriceGrid™, Diamonds.Net™, and JNS®; are TradeMarks of Martin Rapaport.
While the information presented is from sources we believe reliable, we do not guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information presented by Rapaport or the views expressed by users of our internet service.